- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan told reporters on Saturday that G Joshua Garnett could require a “clean-up” to his left knee. However, this issue is unlikely to cost him the 2017 season. (Matt Barrows)
- The 49ers had veteran Zane Beadles working as their starting left guard with the first-string today.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians announced that veteran OLB Jarvis Jones has been diagnosed with an injured disc in his back and could miss about seven days. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Arians said ILB Deone Bucannon (ankle) is on track for the season opener.
- Arians admitted that “there’s a chance” Blaine Gabbert could push Drew Stanton for the No. 2 quarterback job but he added that “there’s a long way to go” and Stanton knows the offense much better. (Darren Urban)
Lions GM Bob Quinn confirmed that there’s still “a long way to go” in regards to a long-term extension for QB Matthew Stafford.
“Matt has taken this situation with his contract in stride,” Quinn said, via Michael Rothstein of ESPN. “It doesn’t bother him and it doesn’t bother me. I’m confident we’ll get something done.
“There’s a long way to go on that, but it’s good on both sides.”
- Nick Underhill of the Advocate reports that the Saints worked out some long snappers following Saturday’s practice including Justin Drescher.
- Saints HC Sean Payton recently expressed some displeasure with the consistency of the long snaps during recent practices from Thomas Gafford and Chase Dominguez.