Home / 49ers / NFC Notes: 49ers, Cardinals, Panthers, Seahawks
NFC Notes: 49ers, Cardinals, Panthers, Seahawks
- Matt Maiocco NBC Bay Area writes that S Jaquiski Tartt appears to be high on the 49ers list of priorities to address this offseason, as he’ll be entering the final year of his contract.
- Maiocco mentions while S Jimmie Ward is scheduled to make $8.526 million for the 2018 season, the 49ers do have the cap space to justify carrying him at that figure. One option for San Francisco could be to sign Ward to an extension, which could come with a lower salary and give them some more flexibility.
- According to Maiocco, the 49ers like impending free agent S Eric Reid “a lot” but they do have some depth at safety.
- Reid’s future with the 49ers may ultimately come down to his market, as Maiocco can’t see San Francisco getting into a bidding war to keep him.
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan mentioned that CBs Ahkello Witherspoon (knee) and Greg Mabin (calf) will be game-time decisions. (Eric Branch)
- The Carolina Panthers officially ruled out LB Shaq Thompson (concussion) and G Trai Turner (foot) for Sunday’s game against the Packers.
- The Panthers also have C Tyler Larsen (foot) and WR Devin Funchess (shoulder) down as being questionable for Week 15.
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera told reporters that Amini Silatolu will start at right guard in place of Turner, but Larsen will likely be available for them. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- Rivera also confirmed that Funchess will play and he just had a rest day today. (Joe Person)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters that LB Bobby Wagner will run tomorrow and be a game-day decision Sunday. (John Boyle)
- According to Carroll, RB Mike Davis got through the week fine and is good to go for Sunday. (John Boyle)
- Seahawks LB K.J. Wright is still in the concussion protocol. (John Boyle)
- Carroll mentioned that they’re hoping to see RB Chris Carson (leg, injured reserve) back on the practice field by the end of next week.
- As for CB DeShawn Shead, Carroll said he had another good week and they will make a decision next week regarding his return. (Curtis Crabtree)
- The Seattle Seahawks officially list LB K.J. Wright and DL Nazair Jones as doubtful for Week 15’s game against the Rams.
- The Seahawks also ruled out S Kam Chancellor and have LB Bobby Wagner down as being questionable.
Tags Adrian Peterson Ahkello Witherspoon Alex Boone Amini Silatolu Antoine Bethea Bobby Wagner Bruce Arians Budda Baker Corey Peters Deshawn Shead Devin Funchess Earl Watford Eric Reid Gabe Martin Greg Mabin Jaquiski Tartt Jermaine Gresham Jimmie Ward Josh Mauro K.J. Wright Kam Chancellor Kyle Shanahan Mike Davis Nazair Jones Pete Carroll R John Brown Ron Rivera Shaq Thompson Trai Turner Tyler Larsen