- Alex Marvez of the Sporting News reports the 49ers are sticking with Blaine Gabbert in part because he is better in practice than Colin Kaepernick on a consistent basis.
- Beyond that, Marvez says that Kaepernick isn’t physically or mentally ready to be the team’s starter right now and he looks “athletically lean” compared to his prior form.
- Even with these concerns, Marvez believes Kaepernick will get his shot soon enough.
- Clarence Hill reports that Cowboys WR Dez Bryant is, in fact, expected to have MRI today on his injured knee.
- This comes after Cowboys owner Jerry Jones mentioned that he wasn’t sure if Bryant would have an MRI performed on his knee.
- Jeff McLane reports that Eagles OT Lane Johnson‘s suspension appeal is set for October 4, but could take 7-10 days for an arbitrator to make a ruling.
- This means that there’s still a chance Johnson will be available for the Eagles’ October 9th game against the Lions.
Falcons QB Matt Ryan said that he’s “fine” after injuring his left thumb during Monday night’s win over the Saints.
“I took a hit on it in the game, but I’m fine,” Ryan said, via ESPN.com. “Put a glove on just to make sure I’d get a good grip afterwards. But I’m fine. I feel pretty good.“