- Joel Corry of CBS Sports believes that negotiating a contract without offset language has come up for first-round DE Solomon Thomas, which would be similar to 2013 first-round S Eric Reid‘s rookie contract.
- Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee writes that first-round LB Reuben Foster is “on track” to be a full participant at the start of training camp after recovering from shoulder surgery.
Although petty larceny charges against WR Lucky Whitehead were dropped by police, Cowboys executive Stephen Jones said the team stands by their decision to release Whitehead.
“We have made a decision and moved on,” Jones said, via NFL.com. “Yesterday we made a decision that we thought was in the best interest of the Dallas Cowboys, and we stand by that decision.”
- Cowboys DE Benson Mayowa is expected to be limited in practice since he is dealing with knee soreness, which limited him throughout the spring. (Todd Archer)
- Steve Wyche reports that Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith is expected to go through some contact drills during team’s first padded practice Wednesday.
- Field Yates reports that Falcons NT Dontari Poe can earn a $125,000 bonus by weighing in at 330 pounds or less as the team reports to camp today.
Vikings seventh-round DE Ifeadi Odenigbo said he has been bothered by a severe cut he sustained to the back of his right heel after a gate door closed on his foot.
“The gate closed on me and it had some chipped metal and it went right into my heel, so that was my Achilles heel,’’ said Odenigbo, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “It was a freak accident. When I was going (through the gate), it just nicked my heel and blood was gushing everywhere. It was a big, deep cut.”