- The 49ers showed interest in working out veteran QB Matt Moore, but he declined to do so and is still weighing his options regarding a return to NFL. (Eric Branch)
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan that he isn’t preparing to make drastic changes to the team’s roster or the coaching staff.
“I like our players,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I like our coaching staff. I think we’ve got players that we’ve seen play at those level. … When you lose a game and you come in on Monday, it’s never as bad as it seems, as far as the players doing some of the things you do, you can always find some bright spots.
“I think your question is, have I hit the panic button? The answer is no.”
Jones added they plan to stick with the changes they made to their coaching staff.
“We’ve had a dramatic change in the coaches on this staff from last year to this year,” Jones said. “We’ve changed coach’s scope that are on this staff, their area of influence. On the offensive side of the ball we did it with Scott Linehan. Our secondary coach with Kris Richard, who we didn’t have last year. He’s really gotten and will get a lot of input into what we’re doing defensively.
“Of course, we’ve got some fresh faces on both sides of the ball, so yeah. We made changes last year.”
- Rams HC Sean McVay announced Tuesday that CB Aqib Talib will undergo ankle surgery on Thursday. Once the procedure is complete, they expect to have a timetable for his return. (Ian Rapoport)
- McVay said that CB Marcus Peters and OLB Dominique Easley will likely be gameday decisions on Thursday. (Myles Simmons)
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Saints were in on CB Bashaud Breeland before he agreed to a deal with the Packers.
- The Saints are working out CB David Amerson on Wednesday. (NFLTR)