- 49ers DB Jimmie Ward said he is back in his “natural position” at safety: “It’s only a concern to people who don’t know I can play safety. To me, I feel comfortable. It’s my natural position.” (Cam Inman)
- Field Yates reports that the 49ers signed DL Sen’Derrick Marks to a one-year contract that includes a $1 million base salary, $600,000 in per-game roster bonuses, and $400,000 in incentives. Although, there’s no guaranteed money in this deal.
Eagles RB LeGarrette Blount said he’s doing his best to tune out any speculation about his roster status with the team.
“We’re not game-planning. We’re not any of that,” Blount said, via Tom Pelissero of NFL.com. “So, you’ve just got to wipe away the noise, don’t pay attention to what you guys say. It’s not all of you guys, but you don’t pay attention to (critics).
“I just put it like this: go tell them to go out there and run a couple of the runs I run and see how many yards they get.”
Blount added that he expects to be a big part of the Eagles’ plans.
“Oh yeah. Without a doubt,” Blount said. “And like I said, I’m excited and I love the opportunity that I’ve been presented here. Everybody’s been nothing but great towards me this whole entire time. And that’s a big thing for me, because you want to be comfortable with the guys you’re going to be working with every day.”
- According to Gil Brandt of SiriusXM NFL Radio, Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. is traveling to Phoenix on Friday to undergo a series of Thera-Lase treatments on his ankle injury.
- Brandt mentions that this is a similar procedure as the one former DE Jared Allen received before playing in Super Bowl 50.
- Former NFL physician David Chao mentions that there’s no proof the results from this laser procedure outweigh the potential swelling from a cross country flight.
- Tom Pelissero reports that Packers RT Bryan Bulaga got good news regarding his ankle injury, as it is not expected to require surgery.
- Instead, Bulaga will rest a couple of weeks before being re-evaluated. He has an ankle sprain with a lot of swelling.