- Vanderbilt announced Thursday that they’ve hired 49ers senior defensive assistant Jason Tarver as their new defensive coordinator and inside linebackers.
- The Eagles have reportedly lost QBs coach John DeFilippo to the Vikings after he agreed to become their new offensive coordinator Thursday night. (NFLTR)
- Zach Berman mentions that one option for the Eagles replacing DeFilippo would be to move WRs coach Mike Groh to QBs coach and promote Press Taylor to WRs coach.
- David Newton of ESPN reports that Panthers interim GM Marty Hurney is scheduled to meet with NFL investigators on Friday, regarding harassment allegations made by his ex-wife.
- According to Newton, former New York City prosecutor Lisa Friel has been assigned Hurney’s case.
Seahawks CB Richard Sherman said Thursday night at the Seattle Sports Star of the Year banquet that he’s “ahead of schedule” in his return from a torn Achilles.
“I guess I’m more ahead of schedule than they(doctors) thought I was,’’ Sherman said, via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.
Sherman added that he should probably be ready to go for the start of offseason workouts.
“I could probably be ready to go in mini-camp,’’ Sherman said. “But they won’t let me do anything, so I’ll probably be out there running. But they won’t let me practice.’’
Interestingly enough, Sherman said he plans to represent himself in negotiations with the Seahawks.
“I’m sure we’ll have some communication,” Sherman said. “I’m representing myself. The whole agent thing is really overrated at this point.”