Home / 49ers / NFC Notes: 49ers, Eagles, Seahawks
NFC Notes: 49ers, Eagles, Seahawks
- According to Jeff McLane, Eagles DE Brandon Graham triggered a $250,000 incentive in his 2017 contract and also increased his 2018 salary by $250,000 by tallying his seventh sack on of the season last weekend.
- Speaking of Graham, a report from Sunday mentioned that the Eagles are working on a contract extension for him. (NFLTR)
- The Philadelphia Eagles can officially clinch the NFC East title this weekend with a win or tie over the Seahawks or a Cowboys’ loss or tie.
- Joel Corry points out that while injury guarantees usually aren’t relevant to NFL contracts, they could into play for Seahawks S Kam Chancellor.
- According to Corry, Chancellor’s $6.8M 2018 base salary and $5.2M of his $10M 2019 base salary are guaranteed for injury, which means Seattle is on the hook for the $12M if he can’t continue to his career after recently sustaining a neck injury.
- Corry explains that the key language in regards to Chancellor’s injury guarantee is his ability to pass the preseason physical, which is in the team doctor’s sole discretion. However, this is a bit of an issue for the Seahawks, considering that skill and salary cap guarantees for the $6.8M in 2018 kick in five days after the 2018 waiver period opens on February 10.
- If Seattle was to release Chancellor before Feb. 10, he would likely file a grievance against them for the $12M and $4.8M of the $12M would count against their salary cap until a resolution is reached, as would the $7.5M of the signing proration from 2018 through 2020, according to Corry.
- On Monday, Seahawks HC Pete Carroll confirmed during an interview with 710 ESPN on Monday that Chancellor is, in fact, out for the season with a neck injury. (NFLTR)
Tags Brandon Graham Demarcus Lawrence Justin Pugh Kam Chancellor Pete Carroll Sammy Watkins Trumaine Johnson Weston Richburg Ziggy Ansah