- Jim Trotter reports that the 49ers’ recent decision to keep LB Reuben Foster away from the team during offseason workouts was decided by the team but also agreed to by Foster, who, barring suspension, had CBA support to attend workouts.
- According to Trotter, the 49ers and Foster’s camp are expected to meet this week to develop a plan that will provide structure for him while he’s away from the team.
- The misdemeanor charge against Foster for possession of a large-capacity ammunition magazine has been dismissed while the three felony charges are still ongoing. (Matt Barrows)
- Iowa CB Josh Jackson took a pre-draft visit to San Francisco and met the 49ers. (Matt Maiocco)
- The 49ers brought in Oregon OT Tyrell Crosby for a workout last week. (Matt Barrows)
- Vaughn McClure mentions that Penn State’s DaeSean Hamilton is a receiver prospect to keep an eye on that the Falcons have shown interest in.
- The Falcons are bringing Sam Houston State DT P.J. Hall in for a pre-draft visit Monday night. (Vaughn McClure)
According to Saints HC Sean Payton, they were on the phone with LB Reuben Foster’s girlfriend during the draft to gather more information about him. However, Payton says they were still likely to take OT Ryan Ramczyk, even if the 49ers didn’t trade ahead of them to get Foster.
“This was part of our fact-finding late in the round,” Payton tells Peter King of TheMMQB.com. “I hadn’t had a chance to meet his girlfriend during the pre-draft process, and we were still in the process of deciding. I think we were going to take Ramczyk anyway, but I wanted to talk to her about Reuben.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Saints restricted free agent WR Willie Snead has reported to the team for the start of offseason workouts. According to Rapoport, Snead plans to do everything but hasn’t signed his restricted tender yet.