Hall of Fame WR Terrell Owens is the latest receiver to take to social media and express his interest in playing for the 49ers.
— Terrell Owens (@terrellowens) June 2, 2018
- Giants WR Odell Beckham was not in attendance for OTAs practice on Monday. (Dan Duggan)
- However, Giants HC Pat Shurmur says he expects Beckham will be in attendance for the start of mandatory minicamp next week. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Shurmur mentioned OL Jon Halapio as someone who has opened some eyes this spring. (Paul Schwartz)
- Darin Gantt of Pro Football Talk, citing a league source, reports that the Giants have hired former Panthers pro personnel director Mark Koncz as their new director of player personnel.
- According to Jordan Raanan, CB Eli Apple had a really strong practice on Monday and the Giants have to like what they’ve seen from him this spring after a tumultuous 2017 season.
- Raanan adds that QB Davis Webb has also stood out and appears in control in this new offensive system. Raanan says that Webb displayed impressive arm strength to thread the needle on several throws.
- Raanan identifies depth at cornerback and pass rusher as areas where the Giants need to be concerned.
- According to Albert Breer, the Panthers new offensive coaching staff under Norv Turner isn’t looking to completely overhaul QB Cam Newton. Instead, Breer says that the new offense is being worked to Newton’s strengths.
- Regarding what’s actually changing, Breer explains it may be a little like the makeover the Steelers underwent with Ben Roethlisberger about five years ago in which they had him operating a little more like a point guard to get the most out of the guys around him.
- As for first-round WR D.J. Moore, Breer says that the word right now is that he already looks like the real deal.