Regarding the possibility of appearing on HBO’s “Hard Knocks”, 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said he has a “hard, hard, bad stance” against the show.
“It’s a hard, hard, bad stance, ‘Hard Knocks,’” Shanahan said, via Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports. “You will see the worst entertainment possible by me.”
Last year, 49ers GM John Lynch explained that he has fundamental issues with “Hard Knocks” airing roster transactions.
“It’s not something we would be really excited about,” Lynch said. “I love the show, but I think some things are best left behind closed doors. I fundamentally have a problem with cutting players and things of that nature (on camera). It’s not something we’d be thrilled about.”
- Dave Birkett reports that the Lions fired offensive assistant Derius Swinton on Thursday.
- According to Howard Balzer, the Detroit Lions brought DEs Avery Ellis and Tony Nelson in for workouts on Friday.
- Saints WR Ted Ginn Jr says he’s “back to normal” fine physically after spending two months on injured reserve with a knee injury. (Josh Katzenstein)
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said of potentially playing out the final year of his contract without an extension: “Sure, I’ve got no problem with that. Free agent after that, right?” (Courtney Cronin)
- Zimmer told reporters that OC Kevin Stefanski’s contract expires on Tuesday, so he plans to make a decision regarding their offensive coordinator position before then. (Courtney Cronin)
- The Vikings are reportedly working to re-sign STs Coordinator Mike Priefer while also exploring contingency options. (NFLTR)