Home 49ers NFC Notes: 49ers, Saints, Seahawks
- Saints HC Sean Payton confirmed that first-round DE Marcus Davenport will have thumb surgery on Friday, but noted that it’s not a major injury, which was apparent, considering that he took part in Tuesday’s practice. (Josh Katzenstein)
- Saints RB Mark Ingram said his absence from OTAs was not related to him being upset with his contract. Ingram did, however, admit that he would like a new deal because he’s going into last year of his contract, but he said his absence was about a new training regimen. (Josh Katzenstein)
- As for his four-game suspension, Ingram said he fought it hard and while he doesn’t agree with the ruling, he’ll serve the ban. (Sean Fazende)
- The Saints tried out a number of free agents on Tuesday. (NFLTR)
- New Orleans is also hosting free agent RBs Jamaal Charles (NFLTR) and Terrance West (NFLTR) for visits Wednesday.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Tuesday that he’s “disappointed” by Earl Thomas‘ decision to hold out of minicamp: “I’m just disappointed that he’s not here and all that. But we’ll let it play itself out.” (Tom Pelissero)
- When asked if Thomas will be a Seahawk in 2018, Carroll said: “I’m hoping so. He’s under contract.”