According to Bears GM Ryan Pace, “there are really no new developments” regarding first-round LB Roquan Smith‘s holdout.
“There are really no new developments to this point. It’s something that we’re working through and obviously I feel like a broken record here but we want him to be here but it’s just part of the process,” Pace said, via Pro Football Talk.
“I hope people can respect it. I definitely appreciate the questions and understand the questions, but out of respect to the player and the agent it is a sensitive topic and I think it’s best if we just keep that behind the scenes.”
- Rick Stroud reports that Buccaneers CB Vernon Hargreaves is going to miss some time with a groin injury he suffered on Thursday.
- However, Stroud says that preliminary tests are optimistic and the team is “hopeful” he’ll only miss 2-3 weeks.
- Buccaneers signed DB Amari Coleman, CB Aaron Davis and TE Colin Jeter. (NFLTR)
- Buccaneers waived DE Kiante Anderson and TE Jason Reese.
- Buccaneers waived TE Donnie Ernsberger with an injury designation.
- Buccaneers waived RB Dalton Crossan from injured reserve with a settlement. (NFLTR)
“He’s gotten better and better physically, coming off the injury, doing his hard work. The more he plays, you see he gets more and more comfortable, more and more confident and he simply plays better,” Garrett said, via Pro Football Talk. “Understanding the play, understanding your reads, and when the ball is snapped you just react instinctively. . . . I think we’re seeing more and more of that from Jaylon.”