Home / Bears / NFC Notes: Bears, Buccaneers, Packers & Saints
NFC Notes: Bears, Buccaneers, Packers & Saints
- Bears GM Ryan Pace told reporters Monday that they did not try to trade veteran K Robbie Gould before they released him Sunday night. (John Mullin)
- Pace said they decided to cut Gould as soon as they knew Conor Barth would be available. (John Mullin)
- Pace mentioned that they have no concerns with newly signed G Josh Sitton‘s back issues. (John Mullin)
- NFL Draft Diamonds reports that the Buccaneers are working out WR Mekale McKay on Tuesday.
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy said that WR Jordy Nelson will be a “full go” for Week 1 and they expect him to “line up and be full bore in Jacksonville.” (Adam Schefter)
- Regarding the decision to cut Pro Bowl G Josh Sitton, McCarthy said: “He played a lot of successful football, lot goes into it. Tough decision, but we’re getting ready for Jacksonville.” (Pete Dougherty)
- McCarthy made it clear that Lane Taylor is ready to start and replace Sitton: “He’s ready, he’s prepared for this, played in real games. We have all confidence in world in Lane.” (Pete Dougherty)
- McCarthy added they’re set at inside linebacker and won’t need Clay Matthews to move inside. (Bill Huber)
- Herbie Teope reports that the Saints have not expressed interest in free agent G Geoff Schwartz.
- Nick Underhill reports that Paul Kruger’s contract with the Saints includes two voidable years in 2017 and 2018. Kruger will carry a cap hit of $1.6 million in 2017 and received a signing bonus of $2.1 million.
Tags Conor Barth Geoff Schwartz Jordy Nelson Josh Sitton Lane Taylor Paul Kruger Robbie Gould