- Bear OL Kyle Long was spotted in a walking boot and reportedly suffered a calf strain, according to Ian Rapoport.
- Long is expected to miss some time, but the injury does not appear to be severe.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said that DB Tyrann Mathieu (ACL) is expected to return to the field in about three and half weeks or so. Arians did, however, say that Mathieu could have participated in drills today if they wanted. (Josh Weinfuss)
- First-round DL Robert Nkemdiche sprained his ankle and is listed day-to-day. (Mike Jurecki)
- Arians also mentioned that CB Justin Bethel suffered a setback three weeks ago with his injured foot, and his return will ultimately be based on his pain tolerance. (Darren Urban)
- Cowboys LB Rolando McClain was not on team’s team charter to Oxnard, but has not been released, according to David Moore.
- Seahawks GM John Schneider denied that there’s is or even was a clause in his contract that would have allowed him to opt out and take the Packers GM job if it ever was available. “No. There’s been lots of whispers about a lot of things, and it’s a small league, and I’m from a small hometown.” (Sheil Kapadia)
- Schneider was asked why his contract goes through 2021 while Carroll’s goes through 2019. “its not relevant” that his contract reportedly goes through 2021 while HC Pete Carroll’s goes through 2019, to which he replied: “Its not relevant.” (Bob Condotta)
- Schneider said that TE Jimmy Graham and RB Thomas Rawls are still on track to be ready for the start of the season, but they will be cautious with them during training camp. (Bob Condotta)
- Schneider added that he expects DE Michael Bennett to report to training camp on Friday, but wouldn’t discuss the state of negotiations. (Bob Condotta)