Home / Bears / NFC Notes: Bears, Cardinals, Falcons, Giants
NFC Notes: Bears, Cardinals, Falcons, Giants
- Brad Biggs reports that reports that the Bears have hired Shane Toub, the son of Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub, as their offensive quality control assistant.
- Jason La Canfora says that the Cardinals would like to keep a “fair amount of their defensive coaching staff in place if possible” after hiring their next head coach.
- With this in mind, La Canfora mentions that it’s likely the Cardinals will target an offensive head coach.
- La Canfora adds that Munchak “was the guy” going into the second round of interviews had he not pulled himself out of the running.
- According to La Canfora, many coaching candidates have “trepidations” about the Cardinals’ job since the team has “no clear path” at quarterback, tough competition in the NFC West, and there is some concern whether there will be “sweeping changes” in the next few years.
- Vaughn McClure of ESPN mentions that if former Seahawks DC Kris Richard doesn’t secure another defensive coordinator job, it wouldn’t be surprising to see him end up with the Falcons.
- Richard worked with Dan Quinn while they were in Seattle and eventually took over for him as defensive coordinator after he accepted the Falcons’ HC job.
- Multiple sources have told Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst that the Giants’ decision to hire Dave Gettleman as their new GM ruffled a lot of feathers.
- According to Pauline, sources feel like Gettleman was the favorite of Ernie Accorsi and was ultimately hired based on his previous tenure with the team and familiarity with the organization, as opposed to the franchise doing an exhaustive search for the best possible candidate.
- Pauline mentions that the Panthers moved on from Gettleman due to the fact that he isn’t a people person and didn’t try to ingratiate with enough members of the organization.
Tags Dan Quinn Dave Gettleman Dave Toub Ernie Accorsi Kris Richard Shane Toub