- Bears HC John Fox explained that the decision to trade veteran DE Jared Allen will create more playing time for Willie Young moving forward. (Rich Campbell)
“He’s working hard at it,” Garrett said, via the Dallas Morning News. “He’s a smart guy. He’s an experienced guy. It comes to him quickly.
“You ask him to call plays, ‘Give me a play-call. What’s the adjustment?‘ Garrett said. “Like you’re a teacher. You’re constantly asking him questions and you’re trying to put him in situations as best you can to see what he knows. He did a lot of work with the two-minute stuff with the coaches last week during the defensive period. He can speak the language. He’s getting more and more comfortable saying it. He’s run a lot of these plays. He knows these concepts. As much as anything else, it’s learning the terminology and learning the nuances of the system.”
- Brandon George mentions that Cassel could be active Sunday for the Cowboys’ game against the Saints as Brandon Weeden’s backup.
- Eagles DC Bill Davis told reporters on Tuesday that they are preparing as though Redskins WR DeSean Jackson is going to play in Week 4’s game. (Derrick Gunn)
- Rob Demovsky reports that Packers TE Andrew Quarless is undergoing an MRI on his injured knee, but the hope is that he sustained just a sprain.
- Jared Allen passed his physical to complete the trade that sent him to the Panthers in return for a future sixth-round pick. (Steve Reed)