Home / Bears / NFC Notes: Bears, Cowboys, Giants, Lions
NFC Notes: Bears, Cowboys, Giants, Lions
- Bears HC John Fox said that they could get ILB Danny Trevathan back for Week 13: “I thought he looked good today. Anytime you have a starter out it can be problematic. We could potentially have him back this week.” (Brad Biggs)
- According to Howard Balzer, the Chicago Bears worked out three receivers including WR Mekale McKay, WR Canaan Severin and WR Rodney Smith.
- Giants owner John Mara explained that he initiated talks with GM Jerry Reese about taking a look at the team’s other quarterbacks and benching Eli Manning. (Tom Rock)
Mara admitted that he was surprised by the reaction from the fanbase yesterday: “I expected an emotional reaction from fans. It’s been in excess of what I expected. Given what he has meant to our franchise it’s understandable.” (Tom Rock)
- Interestingly enough, Mara said he wouldn’t write Manning’s obituary just yet: “I don’t think you should be writing his obituary yet. A lot of things can change. We obviously have some tough decisions to make before the start of next year.” (Tom Rock)
- According to Mara, there have been no conversations with Manning about waiving his no-trade clause. (Tom Rock)
- As for HC Ben McAdoo, Mara said “there are no guarantees in life” when asked about him being safe for the remainder of the year. (Tom Rock)
- Mara called the talk of the team tanking “complete bullshit.” (James Kratch)
- Despite having ties to the University of Tennessee, Ian Rapoport reports that Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter won’t interview for their head-coaching vacancy and will instead focus on Detroit.
- According to Rapoport, Cooter is hoping to eventually be hired as an NFL coach.
Tags Anthony Hitchens Ben McAdoo Canaan Severin Danny Trevathan Eli Manning Jerry Reese Jim Bob Cooter John Fox John Mara Justin Durant La'el Collins Maliek Collins Mekale McKay Rodney Smith Ryan Switzer Sean Lee Tyron Smith Zack Martin