Home Bears NFC Notes: Bears, Eagles, Packers, Vikings
- Jeff Dickerson writes that the $12.5 million QB Mike Glennon is owed for the 2018 season is “way too much” for the Bears to be playing a backup quarterback.
- Dickerson adds that the “writing is clearly on the wall that Glennon will not be playing in Chicago next season.”
- Tim McManus of ESPN writes that trading QB Nick Foles would free up some much-needed cap room for the Eagles and help them replenish some of the draft capital they’re without this year.
- However, McManus admits that keeping Foles and Carson Wentz, who combine for a 2018 cap charge of less than $15 million, is a luxury Philadelphia can afford.
- McManus wouldn’t be surprised if the Eagles prioritized re-signing LB Nigel Bradham this offseason.
- Veteran CB Patrick Robinson could end up being someone the Eagles are forced to allow to sign elsewhere in free agency, according to McManus.
- While LT Jason Peters has said he wants to be back for the 2018 season, McManus wouldn’t be surprised if the team tried to get him to take a pay cut for the second year in a row.
- Some potential cap casualties for Philadelphia could include WR Torrey Smith and LB Mychal Kendricks.
- McManus says that DE Brandon Graham will likely be looking for a new contract in the coming months.
- Rob Demovsky of ESPN writes that the time could be right for the Packers to move Ty Montgomery back to wide receiver.
- Last year, the Packers drafted three running backs and Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones showed enough that will likely enter the 2018 season as the top-two options in Green Bay’s backfield.
- Demovsky points out that the physical demands of playing running back proved to be an issue for Montgomery.
- Demovsky adds that Montgomery could end up being an option for the Packers at slot receiver.
- ESPN’s Courtney Cronin believes the Vikings “could be proactive this offseason” and try to trade former first-round WR Laquon Treadwell.
- According to Cronin, the Vikings could possibly recoup a mid-round draft pick in a deal for Treadwell.
- Cronin writes that RB Jerick McKinnon will likely be playing elsewhere in 2018, given that he wants an expanded role and the Vikings can move forward with Dalvin Cook and Latavius Murray.