Hunt is currently on the commissioner exempt list and is likely facing a suspension form the NFL, which means it’s unlikely he would be available for the start of the 2019 season.
As for the possibility of trading RB Jordan Howard, Biggs says his trade value is likely far less than most would imagine, given that he has just one year left on his contract and running backs are larger viewed as replaceable in the NFL. Biggs believes Howard’s greatest value would likely be remaining on the Bears.
“Moving forward, very comfortable,’’ Pederson said, via Paul Domowitch of The Inquirer. “Our offensive line was one of the top offensive lines in the National Football League. Brandon’s injury, how it happened and when it happened, was unfortunate.”
Pederson added that he will not go into the specifics regarding Peters, Brooks, and Kelce, but said the team would “obviously” like to keep them on the roster.
“I’m not going to get into a lot of specifics with [the status of] each guy. But we’d obviously like to have them all back. The more guys up front you can keep together, it’s great for your quarterback. It’s great for your running back. It’s good for your offense in general.’’
- According to Grant Paulson, Redskins LBs coach Kirk Olivadotti was granted permission to interview for the same job with the Packers.
Tom Silverstein reports that Dolphins special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi left his visit with the Packers without a contract and is likely weighing offers.
Silverstein adds that the Packers also interviewed Dolphins WRs coach Shawn Jefferson.
- The Packers are not retaining QBs coach Frank Cignetti, according to Silverstein.
- Matt Maiocco reports that the Packers received permission from the 49ers to interview assistant OL coach Adam Stenavich for their offensive line coaching job.
- Rob Demovsky says that the Packers have interest in Rick Dennison for their OL coaching job.
- According to Demovsky, Packers RB coach Ben Sirmans is expected to be retained.