Home Bears NFC Notes: Bears, Giants, Lions, Redskins
- Beats CB Kyle Fuller said he “never expected” to receive an offer sheet from the Packers, but he’s happy to return to Chicago: “I would have never expected it. But when it came, it was definitely something to consider, just on the business side of it. At the end of the day, how it all played out, I’m definitely happy.” (Colleen Kane)
- The Bears officially matched the Packers’ offer sheet with the NFL on Wednesday, which means they took the full five days to process the move with the NFL. (NFLTR)
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN reports that the Giants were closely watching Rutgers P Ryan Anderson at his pro day last week, and are “believed to be on the prowl for a punter.“
- Sources tell Raanan that the Giants are not currently looking to spend big on any more free agents, but they’re still assessing some cheaper options.
- Raanan mentions that New York is believed to be monitoring the market for free agent CB Ross Cockrell.
- Dan Duggan reports that the Giants reworked G John Jerry‘s contract in recent days and eliminated the 2019 year of his agreement.
- According to Duggan, Jerry’s 2018 base salary was reduced from $3.05 million down to $1.075 million.
- Jerry carries a salary cap hit of $3.6 million, which is down from $4.125 million he was set to count before this move.
- Duggan adds that $525,000 of $1.075 million salary is now guaranteed and he receives $400,000 roster bonus on Wednesday.
- Justin Rogers of Detroit News points out that new Lions RB LeGarrette Blount‘s contract includes a $2.5 million in bonus for touchdowns, yards, and playing time as part of “not likely to be earned” incentives.
- Lions RB Zach Zenner‘s one-year contract carries a base salary of $750,000 and includes a $50,000 workout bonus and $15,625 per game bonus. (Justin Rogers)