Home / Bears / NFC Notes: Bears, Lions, Packers, Panthers, & Vikings
NFC Notes: Bears, Lions, Packers, Panthers, & Vikings
- Jeff Dickerson believes Washington NT Danny Shelton would be a “prime target” for the Bears if they were to trade back in the first round. However, Dickerson can’t see the Bears taking a defensive lineman in the top 10 who isn’t a pass-rushing threat.
- Dickerson considers Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray to be a good fit for Chicago.
- Dickerson isn’t sure the Bears will target an offensive lineman at No. 7 overall, unless they decide to trade back.
- If Chicago was to move down the board, Dickerson mentions Florida OT D.J. Humphries and Stanford OT Andrus Peat as two names to keep an eye on.
- Michael Rothstein believes the best move for the Lions in regards to DE George Johnson, who signed an offer sheet with the Buccaneers, would be to allow him to depart instead of matching Tampa Bay’s offer.
- Rothstein doesn’t see the Lions fielding offers for TE Brandon Pettigrew, as there’s unlikely to be market for him and they would have to use a draft pick on a tight end to replace him.
- According to Rob Demovsky of ESPN, the Packers pre-draft visits include: QB Bryce Petty (Baylor), WR Ricky Collins (Texas A&M-Commerce), DT Darius Kilgo (Maryland), DT Joey Mbu (Houston), DE Rodney Gunter (Delaware State), CB Darryl Roberts (Marshall), TE Matt LaCosse (Illinois) and TE Thomas Gipson (Kansas State basketball player).
- David Newton believes Washington LB/s Shaq Thompson would be an ideal player to groom as a long-term replacement to OLB Thomas Davis.
- Newton doesn’t see the Panthers attempting to move up in the draft, due to GM Dave Gettleman’s appreciate for draft picks.
- Newton fully expects OLB Thomas Davis to get an extension before the season begins.
- According to Newton, the Panthers would probably have to rework DE Charles Johnson‘s contract and lower his $20.02 million cap number in order to sign QB Cam Newton a long-term deal.
- Ben Goessling considers Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory to be a “strong possibility” for the Vikings at No. 11 overall.
- Goessling isn’t sure that Alabama S Landon Collins would be a fit for the Vikings given that he’s much better against the run than in pass coverage.
Tags Andrus Peat Brandon Pettigrew Bryce Petty Cam Newton Charles Johnson D.J. Humphries Danny Shelton Darius Kilgo Darryl Roberts George Johnson Joey Mbu Landon Collins Matt LaCosse Randy Gregory Ricky Collins Rodney Gunter Shane Ray Shaq Thompson Thomas Davis Thomas Gipson