Home / Bears / NFC Notes: Bears, Lions, Packers, Panthers, & Vikings
NFC Notes: Bears, Lions, Packers, Panthers, & Vikings
- Michael C. Wright of ESPN writes that the Bears’ decision to sign Lamarr Houston to a five-year, $35 million contract looks terrible in hindsight. Wright is skeptical about him moving to outside linebacker given that he’s never been a real pass-rushing threat.
- Wright believes the Bears seriously need to consider drafting a running back this year.
- According to Wright, Christian Jones is a candidate to start at inside linebacker.
- Michael Rothstein mentions that the Lions would have to consider the idea of taking Georgia RB Todd Gurley if is on the board at No. 23 overall.
- Rothstein was asked about the possibility of signing a veteran offensive tackle like Jake Long or Joe Barksdale. Rothstein is concerned about Long coming off of a knee injury while Barksdale could be a more intriguing option for Detroit.
- ESPN’s Rob Demovsky mentions WRs Jared Abbrederis and Jeff Janis as two players who could have the biggest impact after no doing anything last year.
- Demovsky suggests that the Packers may have matched the Raiders restricted free agent offer for Sean Richardson because they believe he could play a hybrid safety/inside backer role in 2015.
- David Newton likes the idea of the Panthers taking UCLA LB Eric Kendricks in round one, as he could play alongside of Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly and be a future replacement for Davis.
- Newton believes Wisconsin OT Rob Havenstein would be a good addition for Carolina in the third round.
- Another third-round option for the Panthers could be Miami of Ohio CB Quinten Collins.
Newton doesn’t see the Panthers trading out of round one.
- Ben Goessling of ESPN writes that Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory could end up being a talented player that falls to the Vikings at No. 11. Goessling can see Minnesota taking Gregory in round one.
- Goessling believes it’s a “strong possibility” that the Vikings could take a quarterback in the mid-to-late rounds of the draft.
- Goessling doesn’t rule out the Vikings trying to trade back into the first round this year.
Tags Christian Jones Eric Kendricks Jake Long Jared Abbrederis Jeff Janis Joe Barksdale Lamarr Houston Quinten Collins Randy Gregory Rob Havenstein Sean Richardson Todd Gurley