- According to Howard Balzer, the Chicago Bears worked out two players on Monday, including DE Tavaris Barnes and DE Caushaud Lyons.
- The Bears signed Lyons to their practice squad on Tuesday. (NFLTR)
Packers HC Mike McCarthy told reporters on Wednesday Aaron Rodgers‘ return from a broken collarbone is a credit to Rodgers and the work he put in to even be in this position.
“I kept an open mind to it, but I think it really speaks to Aaron, what he’s done through the rehab phase,” McCarthy said, via Packers.com.
“Like any injury, there’s thresholds you have to get over, and he was able to clear each hurdle earlier than the norm. His rehab process was very fluid, very clean, and it’s put him in this position today to get ready for Carolina.”
McCarthy added that Rodgers is preparing to play in Sunday’s game against the Panthers now that he’s been medically cleared to return from injured reserve.
“Preparing to play this week,” McCarthy said, per Rob Demovsky. “He’s been preparing himself for this moment, and it’s kind of a normal Wednesday for us this time of the year.”
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden told reporters on Wednesday that TE Jordan Reed is visiting Dr. Anderson and could undergo surgery for a toe injury he’s dealing with since the start of training camp. (Master Tesfatsion)
- According to Gruden, CB Josh Norman missed practice with a knee injury. (JP Finlay)
- Gruden said he expects there to be competition at kicker between Nick Rose and Dustin Hopkins. (JP Finlay)
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer told reporters on Wednesday that they should know more about TE Kyle Rudolph‘s availability later on in the week. (John Shipley)
- Rudolph is dealing with an apparent ankle injury after he sat out of the final five plays last Sunday’s game against the Panthers. He reportedly left the stadium in a walking boot. (Chris Tomasson)