Jeff Dickerson takes a look at some intriguing backup quarterback options for the Bears to consider this offseason.
- If the Bears were to look to the free agent market, Dickerson suggests Chase Daniel, Josh McCown and Tyler Bray as three names to watch for Chicago.
- As for some draft possibilities, Dickerson tosses out Washington State’s Luke Falk, Richmond’s Kyle Lauletta and Western Kentucky’s Mike White.
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers mentioned during an interview with Golic & Wingo Thursday that his collarbone is doing fine.
“Everything’s fine. I swung a golf club yesterday in Scottsdale,” Rodgers said, per Rob Demovsky.
Rodgers had an interesting response about QBs coach Alex Van Pelt not returning has his position coach.
“I thought that was an interesting change … really without consulting me,” Rodgers said, per Demovsky. “There’s a close connection between the quarterback and his [position] coach. That was an interesting decision.”
- Saints QB Drew Brees, who is an impending free agent, said on Ellen Wednesday that he “of course” is returning to New Orleans next season: “Of course I’m coming back. I’m a Saint for life. I’m a New Orleans Saint for life.” (Pro Football Talk)
- We have Brees featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- According to Albert Breer, there’s still support for QB Teddy Bridgewater within the Vikings’ organization.
- Vikings GM Rick Spielman told reporters on Thursday that any decision on whether Bridgewater’s contract will toll for the 2018 season would be between the NFL and players union. Spielman declined to say whether they’ll request Bridgewater’s contract be tolled for next season. (Chris Tomasson)
- Regarding the Vikings’ offensive coordinator job, Spielman said that whoever they hire will play a “significant role” in who could end up being their starting quarterback moving forward. Spielman added that once they hire a coordinator, they will formulate a game plan for the quarterback position. (Chris Tomasson)