Buccaneers former second-round K Robert Aguayo said he’s embracing the kicking competition he’s in with veteran Nick Folk this summer.
“It is motivation,” Aguayo told Pewter Report. “When I was in college there would be walk-on kids come in and I didn’t know who they were or if they were good or whatever. But whoever they were, it was always a competition for me. Just seeing someone else out there trying to compete. I like it.”
Aguayo did say that the Buccaneers called him to explain that their decision to sign Folk.
“They (Licht and Dirk Koetter) called me and let me know, and I told them I appreciated it,” Aguayo said. “That business was business and they were going to bring him in. I didn’t know who it was going to be. But I knew they were going to bring someone in. It was just a matter of who it was. But it doesn’t matter. I am ready to go out and compete and I know he is too.”
- Josh Weinfuss points out that the Cardinals’ schedule this season is brutal in that their first four road games include a trip to London and start at 1 pm EST.
- All of these games require three-hour time changes for the Cardinals to deal with and they open the year with back-to-back road games.
- Weinfuss still thinks a 5-3 record is “realistic” for the Cardinal, despite the tough stretch to open the year.
- Gil LeBreton of the Star-Telegram believes the Cowboys should consider signing free agent QB Colin Kaepernick as their backup to Dak Prescott.
- As of now, the Cowboys have Kellen Moore and undrafted rookies Cooper Rush and Austin Appleby on their roster at quarterback.
- We have Kaepernick featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.