NFC Notes: Buccaneers, Cowboys, Rams, Redskins
- Adam Schefter reports that the Buccaneers tried trading for DE Robert Quinn earlier this offseason before he was dealt to the Dolphins.
- According to Schefter, Tampa Bay resumed its pass-rush search and zeroed in on DE Jason Pierre-Paul before agreeing to the deal Thursday. (NFLTR)
- While the Cowboys signed WR Deonte Thompson to a contract Thursday (NFLTR), Todd Archer reports that this does not close the door on the Dallas’ interest in free agent WR Allen Hurns, who visited the team Wednesday.
- A Rams’ source tells Josina Anderson of Ndamukong Suh‘s chances coming to Los Angeles: “The people here,”culture” we’ve established, L.A. itself, an opportunity to play next to another extremely dominant player, guys have excelled in Wade’s system. We felt good after he canceled Oak. Now we sit and wait.”
- Anderson’s source added: “We expected him to take his time and to thoroughly think this out.“
- John Keim reports that the Redskins have maintained contact with free agent DT Johnathan Hankins since he left his visit with the team earlier in the week.
- Keim explains that Washington needs to decide whether to commit money to Hankins or target a defensive lineman such as Vita Vea or Da’Ron Payne in round one.
- According to Keim, the Redskins are also interested in DT Bennie Logan, but haven’t scheduled a visit up to this point.
- Washington has reportedly made offers to OLBs Pernell McPhee and Junior Galette, but Keim says their offers clearly aren’t good enough to get either player under contract right now.
- As for offensive line, Keim mentions that there has been some talk of Kevin Pamphile possibly being an option for the Redskins.
Tags Allen Hurns Bennie Logan Da'Ron Payne Deonte Thompson Jason Pierre-Paul Johnathan Hankins Junior Galette Kevin Pamphile Ndamukong Suh Pernell McPhee Robert Quinn Vita Vea