- Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy said after Sunday’s loss to the Lions that he fears he suffered another torn biceps. (NFLTR)
- However, Rick Stroud has been told that the Buccaneers are hoping this something McCoy can fight through and play with.
Eagles DC Jim Schwartz explained that while rookie CB Sidney Jones is returning to practice this week, it’s essentially the start of OTAs for him.
“I think we’ll see pretty quickly that he has a good grasp of what he’s expected to do and that’s really working on his rehab and keeping his ears open and his eyes open has been his No. 1 job description over these last six months, I don’t even know how long it’s been,” Schwartz said, via Pro Football Talk. “I’ve been really proud of what he’s done there. I would be very surprised if he can’t go in and execute what we’re asking him to do. It’s just going to be physical. I mean, there’s certainly a lot of rust that goes into — all due respect to our trainers, they are not a challenge to cover, and he’s only been working with those guys. So we’ve got to take each step along the way. It’s almost like the first week of OTAs for him. It’s not even really a first week of training camp. It’s more like first week of OTAs for him. So technique-wise, conditioning-wise, all those things are going to come into it. And he’s got a little bit of time. He’s been up to every challenge we’ve given him so far, so we look forward to seeing him on the field.”
- Eagles QB Nick Foles said the offensive gameplan will not change with him as the starting quarterback: “We’re going to run this offense. Nothing is going to change.” (Dave Zangaro)
- Eagles TE Zach Ertz officially cleared the NFL’s concussion protocol on Wednesday. (Jimmy Kempski)
- Judy Batista reports that the Giants expected to start GM interviews next week.
- However, New York is unlikely to name one a new GM before end of the season so that they don’t miss a chance to speak with candidates who are currently with teams.
- Lions RB Ameer Abdullah (neck) said he felt like he could play in Week 14 and that he feels like he can play this week as well. However, he mentioned that it’s ultimately Lions HC Jim Caldwell‘s decision whether he can play. (Dave Birkett)
- Caldwell told reports on Wednesday that he expects Abdullah to play against Bears: “I do, as long as things keep trending in the right direction.” (Kyle Meinke)