- Greg Auman could see the Buccaneers drafting a quarterback in the mid-rounds if the team sees potential in a possible backup who could eventually become a starter.
- Regarding Buccaneers WR DeSean Jackson requesting to be traded, Auman notes that Jackson is under contract for 2019 and new HC Bruce Arians must make Jackson “feel he’s an important part” of Tampa Bay’s future. Auman points out that Arians likes “downfield passing” as a key part of his offensive scheme, so convincing Jackson to stay makes sense for the Buccaneers’ 2019 offense.
- Rick Stroud reports that the Buccaneers have agreed to terms with Larry Foote to coach OLBs and Mike Caldwell to coach ILBs. (Rick Stroud)
- According to Jenna Laine, the Buccaneers have also hired former USC RB coach Todd McNair.
- Auman reports that OL coach Sean Kugler will not join the Buccaneers’ coaching staff as expected and the team will instead be hiring University of Arizona assistant Joe Gilbert.
- According to Auman, the Buccaneers will hire Kevin Garver as their next wide receivers coach.
- Mike Kaye reports that Eagles C Jason Kelce hasn’t made any decisions at all about his future regarding retirement, despite a report that recently surfaced.
- Tom Silverstein reports that the Packers are expected to have interest in Dolphins special teams coach Darren Rizzi, who will reportedly be the runner-up for Miami’s head coaching job.
- Adam Schefter reports that the 49ers denied permission for the Packers and HC Matt LaFleur to interview/hire his younger brother, Mike LaFleur.