- The Buccaneers list CB Brent Grimes (groin) and CB De’Vante Harris (hamstring) as doubtful and ruled out rookie DT Vita Vea (calf) for Sunday’s game against the Saints.
- Buccaneers LT Donovan Smith (knee) is questionable for Week 1.
Packers DC Mike Pettine praised recently acquired LB Antonio Morrison‘s ability to quickly learn their defensive system.
“He loves football. He asks all the right questions. We really like what he brings. There’s an intensity, a passion for the game. Picking up a system, I don’t see that being a problem at all,” said Pettine, via Ryan Wood.
Pettine added that he is “comfortable” with the linebackers the Packers currently have on their roster.
“We’re comfortable with where we are with it. A lot of faith not just in Clay [Matthews] and Nick [Perry], but [Kyle] Fackrell and Reggie [Gilbert]. And [James] Crawford is a guy, too, that we’ve cross-trained. He’s rushed the passer before in his history,” said Pettine, via Michael Cohen.
- The Packers officially ruled out S Josh Jones (ankle) for Week 1 and have LBs Oren Burks (Shoulder) and James Crawford (Hamstring) listed as questionable.
- The Panthers officially ruled out WR Curtis Samuel (medical) for Week 1 and have TE Chris Manhertz (foot), G Amini Silatolu (knee), and OT Daryl Williams (knee) all listed as questionable. (Joe Person)
Vikings WR Laquon Treadwell said the team plans to “spread” around the offense to utilize all their receivers.
“I think it’s going to be different,” Treadwell said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “I think we’re going to spread that thing around. … I’m blocking this year, I’m doing that same thing, but I’m getting that rock. I do love my chance to show my stuff, the good stuff.”
Now entering his third year, Treadwell believes he is a better receiver and is “on the right track” with his progression.
“You’ve just got to learn the game,” said Treadwell. “The faster you learn the game, the faster you’re going to play. I think I’m on the right track right now.”
- The Vikings officially ruled out C Pat Elflein (shoulder/ankle), RB Roc Thomas (ankle), and OT Aviante Collins (elbow) for Week 1 on Friday.
- Minnesota also lists CB Mackensie Alexander (ankle) as doubtful and CB Xavier Rhodes (hamstring) as questionable.