- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter confirmed that he took over the play calling on Sunday from OC Todd Monken: “I had my reasons.” (Rick Stroud)
- Regarding the decision, Koetter added: “I’ve been thinking about it a lot. I think Todd Monken has done a terrific job calling plays. In this game, I felt like the game it was going to be, we needed to try to control the clock a little bit more.” (Greg Auman)
- Buccaneers waived K Chandler Catanzaro. (NFLTR)
- Rams HC Sean McVay told reporters on Monday that WR/KR Pharoh Cooper (ankle, injured reserve) is physically able to play right now and as the week progresses there should be more clarity on regarding his situation. (Myles Simmons)
- The Rams lost WR Cooper Kupp for the season with a torn ACL. (NFLTR)
- The Saints signed WR Brandon Marshall to a one-year contract on Monday. (NFLTR)
- Regarding the move, Saints HC Sean Payton told reporters: “He moved well. Smart. He’s experienced. Someone that’s been in a number of systems. Overall, he had a good workout. He’s got good length and size. He’s another big target. We’ll see how it goes this week and what our plans are.” (Times-Picayune)
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said after Sunday’s game that rookie RB Rashaad Penny “busted out” for them.
“Today he busted out,” Carroll said, via the Seattle Times. “We’ve been challenging him to get right and to work at the right tempo and find what it’s like to be a pro, just teaching a young guy trying to figure it out … I thought today he needed it so badly. He knows he’s a great player. He just hasn’t been able to demonstrate it.
- Carroll said BR Chris Carson should be good to go Thursday night after missing the Rams game, but RB J.D. McKissic (injured reserve) won’t resume practicing this week. (Brady Henderson)
- According to Carroll, G D.J. Fluker and S Bradley McDougald should also be good to go Thursday night, but he isn’t as confident about LB K.J Wright. (Brady Henderson)