“I talked about it from day one – the best 11 are going to play,” Wilks said, via AzCardinals.com. “Sam (Bradford) is the starter, and when he’s healthy, he’s great. But everybody is competing to be out there on the field. Competition is a great thing. It makes us all better.”
Wilks added that he’s been really impressed with how smart Rosen is and his ability to pick things up quickly.
“This guy is extremely smart,” Wilks said. “I mean, his ability to see certain things from the defense, and pick it up quickly, and execute … I don’t want to say this, but he has the mindset of a vet. The way he sees the game.
“He’s not playing like a vet. Make sure you guys understand that. He’s still a rookie, OK? But he sees things, like I said before, through a different lens. And he picks it up quickly.”
- Todd Archer reports that Cowboys G Zack Martin did not take part in Tuesday’s OTA and it’s unclear if he will work in any of them.
- According to Archer, the Cowboys and Martin’s agents have been in talks regarding a long-term deal over the last few weeks.
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said Wednesday that he’s spoken to WR Terrance Williams about his ongoing investigation and the expectation is that Williams will be around and “part of the team.” (Drew Davison)
- Regarding Martin, Garrett said he’s working out and while he is not practicing with the team, contract negotiations will continue: “There is a business side and we all understand that.” (Jane Slater)
Packers OLB Clay Matthews told reporters on Tuesday that their depth at outside linebacker “is not good.”
“You look at the depth at the outside linebacker position and it’s not that great,” Matthews said, via PackersNews.com. “That’s not a slight to the guys who are behind Nick and myself, but you look around the league, a lot of times they’re rotating in pass rushers. You can look a couple years ago when we had Mike Neal and Julius (Peppers) here, Datone (Jones) as well. We had a pretty good rotation.”
“I’m happy with the picks they made,” Matthews said of this year’s draft class. “And at the same time, it does show, you know, their confidence in Nick and myself, as well as the guys we have. At some time I’m sure (the depth at outside linebacker) will be addressed, but for the time being the guys we have here are the guys who have to hold up their end of the bargain.”
- Packers WR coach David Raih believes that veteran WR Randall Cobb still “a lot of football” left with his career: “I just think there’s a lot of football left in Randall Cobb. This guy, he’s one of the most tenacious people I’ve been around.” (Ryan Wood)