- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com notes that by releasing QB Sam Bradford prior to Week 10, the Cardinals gain a sixth-round compensatory pick for former OLB Kareem Martin, who was released and signed by the Giants.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Cardinals “shopped” Bradford at the trade deadline on October 30 but were unable to find a deal.
- Mike Jurecki points out that the Cardinals are set to have $70 million in available cap space next season and $104 million in 2020 while releasing Bradford created $5 million in dead money in 2019.
- Albert Breer notes that Bradford, who signed with the Cardinals in March, has received a $10 million signing bonus, $937,500 in per-game roster bonuses, and is still owed a $5 million base salary.
- If a team claims Bradford off of waivers, the Cardinals will not have to pay $2.35 million of his base salary.
- According to Jon Machota, Cowboys DE David Irving’s MRI confirmed he sustained a high ankle sprain and will miss Monday Night’s game.
- The Dallas Cowboys officially ruled out Irving (ankle), WR Tavon Austin (groin), and LB Joe Thomas (foot) for Monday’s game against the Titans and have TE Geoff Swaim (knee) listed as doubtful.
- Cowboys DE Randy Gregory (knee) and G Zack Martin (knee) are both questionable for Week 9.
- Regarding Panthers LT Matt Kalil returning from injured reserve, Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer mentions that Kalil is eligible to practice but he still is not recovered from his knee injury.
- Rodrigue mentions that Panthers’ backup LT Chris Clark has been playing well, which means there’s no reason for Carolina to rush Kalil back from injury.
- While Rodrigue does not expect Kalil to return tot he active roster this season, she believes the larger question is whether the Panthers’ will part ways with him following 2018.
- Rams WR Cooper Kupp (knee) has fully recovered and will start Week 9’s game. (Gary Klein)
- Regarding DE/OLB Bruce Irvin, who is being waived by the Raiders, Vincent Bonsignore says the Rams are likely to have interest in him, but the fact that they have limited cap space means they could only offer him the veteran minimum.