- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said that ILB Deone Bucannon‘s ankle injury doesn’t appear to be as severe as they first expected, but they’re still running some tests. (Darren Urban)
- According to Arian, RB Kerwynn Williams is likely to miss some time with cracked ribs. (Darren Urban)
- Meanwhile, DL Josh Mauro aggravated his ankle sprain.
A report surfaced on Monday that Cowboys TE Jason Witten has expressed interest in immediately taking over as head coach of the Tennessee Volunteers.
However, Witten told reporters he isn’t interested in the job and is instead focused on helping the Cowboys.
Witten added: “I got the best job in the world. I feel too good right now and what we’re trying to do not only this year but years to come.”
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden told reporters that rookie DL Jonathan Allen (Lisfranc) remains on course to return from injured reserve this season.
- John Keim points out that Allen can be activated from the Redskins’ injured reserve list in time for their Week 15 game against the Cardinals.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned during an appearance on 710 ESPN that DE Cliff Avril will undergo surgery for a neck injury this week. (John Boyle)
- Carroll said that RB Mike Davis and CB Shaq Griffin will return for Week 13’s game against the Eagles. (John Boyle)