In the new Amazon series “All or Nothing,” Cardinals HC Bruce Arians reveals that they were planning to take RB Nebraska RB Ameer Abdullah with the No. 55 overall pick.
However, the Lions prevented that from happening by grabbing Abdullah with the No. 54 pick.
“We’ve been talking about this pick since the Combine,” Arians said of taking Abdullah, via NFL.com.
That’s when the Lions called Abdullah and made the pick.
“You’re kidding me!” said a dejected GM Steve Keim.
It’s hard to feel too bad for Arizona, considering that they took RB David Johnson just a round later.
- Following the news that LB Rolando McClain will be suspended for 10 games after another substance abuse violation, David Helman mentions that Anthony Hitchens and Andrew Gachkar would be his favorites to open the season as the starting middle linebacker.
- Helman adds that even McClain won’t count against their the 53-man roster, it seems counterintuitive to let Rolando take camp reps away from the other linebackers.
- Nick Underhill of the Advocate reports that LB Dannell Ellerbe‘s restructured deal with the Saints includes a lot of incentives for the 2016 season.
- In total, Ellerbe’s contract is worth $5 million over two years, but he can earn an additional $2.5 million in each season by reaching incentives for playing time and making the Pro Bowl.
- Underhill also points out that G Senio Kelemete will earn an extra $600,000 if he plays 70 percent of the team’s snaps.