- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said WR Chad Williams will not have a role until he gets in better physical condition: “Until he gets in better condition he won’t have a role. He is big, strong and can catch. He’s still feeling his way.” (Josh Weinfuss)
- Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com takes a look at 10 cornerback additions that could make sense for the Eagles either by trade or by free agent signing.
- Shorr-Parks’ list includes Darrelle Revis, Brandon Flowers, Sam Shields, Leon Hall, Tharold Simon, Trevin Wade, Kyle Fuller (Bears), Darqueze Dennard (Bengals), Tony Lippett (Dolphins), and Richard Sherman (Seahawks).
- Saints HC Sean Payton announced that they’ve activated OL Senio Kelemete from the PUP list. (Herbie Teope)
- Nick Underhill is told that Saints first-round CB Marshon Lattimore’s knee injury is a sprain.
Vikings GM Rick Spielman explained that he’s actually hoping the decision is difficult to make because it would mean they would likely have two good options at the position.
“I hope, at the end of the season, that we have that difficult decision to make because it’s better to have two high-quality players at that position than to have none at all,” Spielman told Gridiron-Magazine.com.
“Think about what Sam Bradford had to do last season,” Spielman said. “He had never been around this team, had never heard a play call and didn’t know our system. For him to learn that offense and manage through so much adversity having only been here a short time was something that was really difficult to do. Watching him throughout the offseason in OTAs, mini-camp and now training camp — Sam has been phenomenal and we’re expecting a big year out of him.”
“Teddy has been amazing as well,” Spielman said. “He has attacked his rehab and he appreciates football even more because it was taken away from him. That was an injury where people thought he may never play football again. His mindset has been unbelievable and he is showing determination to get back on the field as soon as he can.”