- Former Cardinals UDFA FB Austin Ramesh announced on Instagram that he has decided to retire from football since he has been dealing with the “negative effects of head injuries” over the last couple of years.
- According to Albert Breer, Cardinals first-round QB Josh Rosen “looks comfortable and poised” during practice and has impressed coaches with his ability to “digest and apply” information.
- Ralph Vacchiano writes that the Giants and WR Odell Beckham Jr could be “getting close to a contract showdown.”
- Beckham had been in attendance for voluntary workouts before missing practice this past week. Prior reports have said that Beckham has no intention of stepping foot on the field without a long-term extension in place and Vacchiano says this possibility can’t be ruled out because it happens to be the last bit of leverage Beckham has.
- As for the Giants, Vacchiano says that they want to get a deal done with Beckham, but prefer to do it on their own timetable.
- Vacchiano reports that the Giants’ preference prior to signing Beckhamto an extension is to see if he’s still an “explosive player” following ankle surgery. Beyond that, the Giants also want to make sure that he remains “controversy-free.”
Rams new DT Ndamukong Suh says he prides himself on being available to practice and how sets the tone for the rest of the team.
“The one thing I won’t miss is practice — I pride myself on being there,” Suh said, via the Los Angeles Times. “Understanding what we have to do and to play this game, you’ve got to have your teammates and they have to have you.”
Suh added he has made an “easy transition” to Southern California and to DC Wade Phillips’ defense scheme.
“It’s a good situation to have a mind like that around you,” Suh said.