“He said, ‘Josh, what’s up, man? Welcome to Arizona,” Rosen said reading the text, via AzCardinals.com. “‘Just wanted to let you know that I look forward to playing with you. I’ll be an open book, so if you ever need anything or have any questions, feel free to ask. Hope all is well.‘”
Giants QB Eli Manning said during a recent interview with WFAN that for the first time in his career, he wasn’t sure about his future in the NFL.
“For the first time ever, I didn’t know what the future held,” he said, via the New York Daily News. “I tried not to overthink it and draw conclusions off information I didn’t know. Just had to say, ‘Hey, I have to be positive through the season, offseason, and just work out and be ready for whatever is thrown at me.’
“Obviously, I was very excited to hear news from Mr. Gettleman and Mr. Mara they wanted me back. I work extremely hard to keep my job and when you almost lose something it makes you appreciate it even more. That’s certainly the case here.”
Nick Underhill of The Advocate provides the signing bonus and base salary guarantees of four Saints’ undrafted free agents.
- OL Jeromy Irwin receives an $8,500 signing bonus and $15,000 guaranteed from his base salary.
- WR Keith Kirkwood receives a $17,000 signing bonus and $25,000 guaranteed from his base salary.
- TE Deon Yelder receives a $15,000 signing bonus and $75,000 guaranteed from his base salary.
- OL Corey Helms receives a $5,000 signing bonus and $5,000 guaranteed from his base salary.
- The Minnesota Vikings announced the following coaching staff changes on Tuesday: Jeff Howard will serve as Defensive Assistant/Assistant DBs, Drew Petzing will be Assistant QBs coach and Ellis Hill joins as an Assistant Strength and Conditioning coach.
- According to Chris Tomasson, the Vikings signed veteran CB Terence Newman to a one-year contract worth the veteran minimum of $1.015 million. The contract includes a $90,000 signing bonus.