NFC Notes: Cardinals, Lions, Rams, Vikings
- According to Mike Jurecki, the Cardinals had a higher free-agent grade on recently acquired RG Justin Pugh than G Andrew Norwell, who received a $13 million annual contract from the Jaguars.
- Pugh said that the “culture” of the Cardinals was a big reason why he signed with Arizona. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Jurecki says that the Cardinals would like to re-sign free agent DB Tramon Williams and draft another cornerback and then draft another corner.
- Jurecki reports that Cardinals free agent QB Drew Stanton is working on a deal with an unnamed team.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN says it’s “pretty clear” the Lions will look to find their running back of the future in this year’s Draft and he could see them taking one in the first three rounds.
- Though the team re-signed RB Zach Zenner and added veteran RB LeGarrette Blount, Rothstein mentions that both players are on short-term contracts and neither are viewed as “game breakers.”
- Regarding the Lions’ decision to release TE Eric Ebron, Rothstein the move to do with his $8.25 million cap number.
- As for franchise DE Ziggy Ansah, Rothstein says there is a “reasonable chance” that he’ll play out the 2018 season under the tag and the Lions will further evaluate whether they feel comfortable offering him an extension after the season.
- If the Lions are able to get a long-term deal done with WR Golden Tate, Rothstein says it would likely be in place during training camp.
Tags Andrew Norwell Drew Stanton Eric Ebron Golden Tate Justin Pugh LeGarrette Blount Ryan Grant Terence Newman tramon williams Zach Zenner Ziggy Ansah