NFC Notes: Cardinals, Packers, & Panthers
- Josh Weinfuss writes that the Cardinals may end up playing a lot of nickel this season to get their deep group of safeties more playing time.
- In the end, Weinfuss considers S Tony Jefferson to be the odd man out.
2014 first-round pick S Deone Bucannon will likely play more nickel linebacker, according to
- Weinfuss, which leaves Tyrann Mathieu and Rashad Johnson will likely be the starting safeties.
- Weinfuss considers it a three-man race between Logan Thomas, Chandler Harnish and Phillip Sims for the NO. 3 quarterback job.
- Rob Demovsky writes that although the Packers appear to be sticking with Andrew Quarless, despite his recent arrest, there’s still a chance they could sign a tight end at some point.
- Demovsky adds that it would not be surprising to see Green Bay sign someone before the start of training camp.
- Demovsky specifically mentions that Jermaine Gresham is the best available tight end.
- According to Demovsky, the Packers are still bracing for the possibility that DT Letroy Guion will receive between a one and four-game suspension for his offseason arrest.
- David Newton expects fullback Mike Tolbert to have a “significant” role in the Panthers offense in 2015.
- Newton considers Corey Brown to the be the Panthers No. 3 receiver.
Tags Andrew Quarless Chandler Harnish Corey Brown Deone Bucannon Jermaine Gresham Letroy Guion Logan Thomas Mike Tolbert Phillip Sims Rashad Johnson Tony Jefferson Tyrann Mathieu