Cardinals first-round QB Josh Rosen says he’s been impressed by veteran QB Sam Bradford while adding “people forget how good he is.”
“I think people forget how good he is,” Rosen said, via AzCardinals.com. “He’s unbelievable. He’s just unbelievably quick and decisive with everything he does. The ball just doesn’t touch the ground. He’s very quick and light on his feet in the pocket. The ball goes where it needs to go. It’s his first year in this offense, too, and it seems like it’s been his fourth.”
The starting job appears to be Bradford’s to lose, but that isn’t changing how Rosen prepares for the season.
“Football is a very violent sport, particularly over any other sport,” Rosen said. “Injury rates are basically at 100 percent throughout a career. Even if (Wilks) said, ‘Josh, you’re 100 percent the backup,’ I’m still going to practice like the starter because I very well could be in there, and vice-versa with whoever is starting.”
- Cardinals HC Steve Wilks noted that WRs Greg Little and Trent Sherfield both stood out in their first practice. (Darren Urban)
- After being at Packers’ practice this week, Ian Rapoport says that one of the big takeaways is that RT Bryan Bulaga has been “really impressive” in his recovery from a torn ACL.
- While some believed Bulaga could be on the roster bubble this summer, Rapoport says that isn’t the case.
Regarding his contract situation, Vikings WR Stefon Diggs made it clear he would like to be back in Minnesota.
“I want to be here. I love being here. I love being a part of this organization,” Diggs said, per Andrew Krammer. “They took a chance on me early. I love it here, as far as where we’re at. You’ve got to take it up with the right people. I haven’t spent too much time with it.”
We have Diggs featured in our Top 25 – 2019 NFL Free Agents list.
- Vikings special teams coordinator Mike Priefer says he’s going into camp thinking that first-round pick Mike Hughes is their kick returner and Marcus Sherels is their top punt returner. (Tom Pelissero)
- Former Vikings FB Jerome Felton is now on the team’s coaching staff as a scouting intern. (Andrew Krammer)