- Josh Weinfuss writes that there has been no more impressive than CB Justin Bethel during OTAs.
- According to Weinfuss, it was essentially a make-or-break offseason for Bethel, who needed to show he can be an every-down cornerback and has done exactly that.
- Weinfuss admits that Arizona is prevented from practicing bump-and-run man coverage during offseason practices because of contact rules in the CBA, so Bethel will need to build on a strong showing in OTAs moving forward.
On Friday, Panthers LT Michael Oher posted a picture of several bottles of pills captioned “All for the brain smh.” Oher later deleted the post.
Panthers GM Dave Gettleman released a statement regarding the photo, stressing that their main concern is Oher’s health.
“I don’t know if Michael posted that photo or not,” Gettleman said, via Panthers.com. “Regardless, my primary interest is Michael’s health.”
The Panthers met with Oher a month ago, but apparently did not discuss anything related to football.
“We really had a great visit. We talked for an hour, had lunch, it was a very comfortable conversation. We talked about a lot of things – nothing about football. It was about him, how he was doing and the issues he was dealing with,” Gettleman said. “It started and ended well. And after we met, Michael did follow up for a few days. However, the communication has stopped.
“Our No. 1 priority is a healthy Michael Oher. This is not about football, this is about Michael.”
According to Joe Person, Oher’s time with the Panthers “appears to be just about done.”
- Rich Tandler of CSN Mid-Atlantic mentions that while the Redskins depth at receiver beyond Jamison Crowder and Terrelle Pryor is somewhat shaky and unproven, they’re unlikely to get involved in the bidding for Jeremy Maclin or Eric Decker.
- Beyond that, Washington doesn’t have much cap room to work with right now, which is another reason why they’re unlikely to be a serious option for either player.
- In a separate article, Tandler runs down some players on the offensive side of the ball who are on the roster bubble for the Redskins this summer.