- Todd Archer of ESPN expects the Cowboys will be looking for pass-rush help as they get closer to finalizing the 53-man roster.
- Archer says that the belief around the Cowboys is that Randy Gregory will not be with the team at all in 2016.
- Tim McManus of ESPN believes that with another strong performance, veteran CB Nolan Carroll could lock up a spot as a starting outside cornerback ahead of Ron Brooks.
- With the Eagles reportedly shopping DT Taylor Hart, McManus writes that it appears as though Mike Martin and Beau Allen are ahead of Hart on the unofficial depth chart.
- According to McManus, WR Jordan Matthews is confident he will be ready for the season opener against the Browns.
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN considers RBs Andre Williams and Orleans Darkwa to be players worth keeping an eye on in the team’s preseason game against the Jets. According to Raanan, both players could see time with the first-team offense.
- Raanan mentions that Roger Lewis and Tavarres King are fighting for the fifth or sixth spot at wide receiver.
After a poor performance against the Steelers, Saints coach Sean Payton discussed his teams struggles.
“I said this to the team afterwards, the one thing that’s concerning and troubling right now is … our ability to protect and then our ability to rush the passer,” Payton said, via Mike Triplett ESPN. “Those are two things that I think if you just watch the game that are concerning. Obviously very concerning”.
- Josh Katzenstein of NOLA.com reports that Daniel Lasco and Marcus Murphy, two running backs competing for a spot on the 53-man roster, suffered concussions in the teams preseason game against the Steelers.
- According to Kristian Garic of WWL, DB Jimmy Pruitt has a torn patellar tendon.