Cowboys QB Dak Prescott says that while there’s been a lot of chance in terms of veteran players moving on, he thinks they have “good energy” and he likes what they have to work with this year.
“There’s definitely still some big voices in that locker room,” Prescott said, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “There’s definitely a lot of energy in that locker room. That’s part of being a young team. It’s different, but it’s not bad. It’s actually great.
“There’s a lot of good energy. I like what we have.”
Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com has updated his 53-man roster prediction. Here are some of the notable roster cuts projected by Shorr-Parks:
- At running back, Shorr-Parks has the Eagles keeping four players but cutting Donnel Pumphrey, Matt Jones, and Josh Adams.
- Shorr-Parks’ receiving corps consists of Alshon Jeffery, Nelson Agholor, Mike Wallace, Mack Hollins, Markus Wheaton, and Shelton Gibson.
- Some of the offensive line cuts for the Eagles include OT Jordan Mailata, OT Taylor Hart, and G Chance Warmack.
- On the defensive side of the ball, Shorr-Parks’ position breakdown consists of five defensive ends, five defensive tackles, six linebackers, six cornerbacks and four safeties.
- According to Joe Person, the Panthers view OT Daryl Williams as a priority and he would be “mildly surprised” if a deal did not get done by the start of the season.
- Person writes that first-round WR D.J. Moore could be trying to get his four-year rookie contract guaranteed, which may explain why he has yet to sign his rookie contract.
- Joel Corry tells Person that Moore could be waiting to see what happens with No. 22 pick Titans LB Rashaan Evans and No. 23 pick Patriots OL Isaiah Wynn and whether their deals are fully guaranteed before signing his rookie contract.