- Todd Archer writes that while he had veteran RB Alfred Morris on the roster bubble at the start of training camp, the six-game suspension handed down by the NFL to Ezekiel Elliott likely secures Morris’ roster spot.
- Eagles GM Howie Roseman didn’t rule out the possibility of signing Jordan Matthews as a free agent next offseason. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Roseman explained that CB Ronald Darby‘s contract played a part in their decision to trade Matthews to the Bills, considering that Darby still has another two years left on his deal and plays a hard-to-find position. (Zach Berman)
- Panthers second-round pick Curtis Samuel (hamstring) said he doesn’t have a timeline for when he will return to the practice field. Samuel thought his hamstring injury was good to go until the first practice of training camp. (David Newton)
Rams GM Les Snead told reporters that there’s hasn’t been any movement in contract talks with DT Aaron Donald.
“Not any movement,” Snead said, per Alden Gonzalez. “There is hope. There’s hope that he’ll be a Ram a long time.”
- As for the possibility of trading WR Tavon Austin, Snead said: he’s “definitely has a place” on the team whiling adding that “speed is important.” (Alden Gonzalez)