- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, citing a high-ranking Cowboys’ source, reports that HC Jason Garrett is on “solid footing” in regards to his job in Dallas. Rapoport’s source texted him: “Jason is our head coach, period!“
- However, Rapoport says that the team’s coordinators are a different story, particularly DC Rod Marinelli.
- Sources have told Rapoport that Cowboys players have been grumbling about the lack of adjustments on defense and this is something worth watching in the coming weeks.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said during an appearance on 105.3 The Fan that he’s expecting LB Sean Lee to return for the Giants game next Sunday: “I know that’s the plan. He’s feeling good. He’s do everything possible to be ready to go. I feel good about him.” (Jon Machota)
- On Thursday, the Falcons worked out CBs Leodis McKelvin and Leon McFadden. (NFLTR)
- However, Vaughn McClure reports that Atlanta is not expected to sign McKelvin to a contract this week.
- The Falcons were taking a look at some available options, considering that they have a couple of banged up defensive backs in Desmond Trufant (concussion) and Brian Poole (lower back).
- The New York Giants officially ruled out LB Jonathan Casillas (neck/wrist) for Sunday’s game and have OL Justin Pugh (back) down as doubtful and DT Damon Harrison (elbow) as questionable.
Packers HC Mike McCarthy told reporters on Friday that QB Aaron Rodgers (collarbone, injured reserve) has a workout today and if all goes well, “we’re looking tomorrow to potentially practice him in a trial return.”
“He’s got a workout today, and we’ll obviously evaluate him,” McCarthy said, via Packers.com. “We’re looking tomorrow to potentially practice him in a trial return. That’s the outlook. We’ll determine that tomorrow after his work today.”
McCarthy added that having Rodgers back at practice would certainly be a boost for team morale.
“Absolutely. I think it’s a big deal when you see your leader out there, definitely,” McCarthy said. “The guys have been watching him work here the last couple weeks. You also have to be in tune with the trial return mode…but it would be great to have him out there.”
- The Green Bay Packers officially ruled out RB Ty Montgomery (ribs) and CB Kevin King (shoulder) for Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers.
- The Packers also have OLB Ahmad Brooks (back), RB Aaron Jones (knee), OLB Clay Matthews (groin), G Lucas Patrick (hand) and NT Kenny Clark (ankle) are questionable.