- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said WR Dez Bryant is dealing with knee and ankle injuries, but they don’t think either is anything significant. (Jane Slater)
- Garrett added LT Tyron Smith hurt groin during Sunday’s win over the Chiefs. The plan moving forward is just to gauge how he feels throughout the week. (Jane Slater)
- On Monday, the Falcons worked out veteran CB Byron Maxwell along with some other players. (NFLTR)
- However, Vaughn McClure reports that the Falcons will not be signing Maxwell to a contract right now.
- Even so, McClure says that this doesn’t mean Atlanta has completely ruled out bringing him in at some point.
A day after leaving the door open to possibly getting other quarterbacks work at some point this season, Giants HC Ben McAdoo told reporters that Eli Manning is “our quarterback.”
“I mean, Eli, he’s our quarterback,” McAdoo said, via Jordan Raanan of ESPN. “That doesn’t mean sometime we won’t throw another guy in there to get a look at him.”
When asked about Manning’s consecutive games played streak, McAdoo said: “I’m not concerned about streaks. We want to try to do anything we can do to get a win.”
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden said that TE Jordan Reed (hamstring) and WR Jamison Crowder (hamstring) are both “improving” and are considered day to day. (John Keim)
- Redskins DL Arthur Jones dislocated his shoulder and “could miss time,” according to Gruden. (John Keim)
- Redskins WR Brian Quick is in the concussion protocol and TE Vernon Davis is dealing with a bruised hand but should be okay.
- Chris Tomasson reports that it’s “highly unlikely” the Vikings will waive QB Kyle Sloter to create a roster spot for Teddy Bridgwater once he’s officially activated.