Cowboys OC Scott Linehan said he expects RB Ezekiel Elliott to get “significant touches” in his return this weekend.
“I think we’re going to have significant touches,” Linehan said, via Todd Archer of ESPN. “He looks like he’s in great shape. Practicing great. He just looks great. So he’s one of those guys that trains and prepares for the games. I think he’s ready to roll.”
“I don’t think there’s going to be a lot of rust. It wasn’t that long. It was six games,” Linehan added. “He got a good feel of the season. I think he was really getting stronger each game as he was playing. I really feel like he’ll probably be even more fresh than a lot of guys are going to be Week 15 or whatever it is. I think it will actually be beneficial for him.”
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn told reporters on Friday that WR Julio Jones (ankle/thumb) good to go for Sunday’s game. (Vaughn McClure)
- The Carolina Panthers list DE Mario Addison, LB Shaq Thompson (foot), WR Russell Shepard, and WR Devin Funchess as questionable for Sunday’s game.
- However, Panthers HC Ron Rivera told reporters that he has no concern that they won’t play in Week 16.
- The Panthers also ruled out G Trai Turner (concussion).
- Panthers promoted WR Mose Frazier to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- The Washington Redskins officially ruled out LB Ryan Anderson (knee), LB Zach Brown (Achilles/toe/hamstring), and LT Trent Williams (knee) for Sunday’s game.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden announced that RB LeShun Daniels recently fractured his hand.
- The Redskins also list RT Morgan Moses (ankle), WR Jamison Crowder (hamstring) CB Kendall Fuller (foot), WR Maurice Harris (back), DL Terrell McClain (toe) and RB Samaje Perine (groin) as questionable for Week 16.
- Redskins placed LT Trent Williams on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Redskins promoted RB Dare Ogunbowale to their active roster. (NFLTR)