Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott was asked Friday if he’s considered accepting the six-game suspension and moving on.
“No,” Elliott said, via the Dallas Morning News. “This is bigger than a suspension. It’s bigger than football, them (NFL) trying to make me something I’m not.
“I’m not an abuser. That’s not who I am. This is my name and this is my reputation. This is something I’m going to have to life with beyond football. Every day is worth fighting.”
Elliott’s stay was granted temporarily, which means he will be able to play in Week 9. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys WR Cole Beasley told reporters that he has cleared the NFL’s concussion protocol and is set to play on Sunday against the Chiefs. (Brandon George)
- The New York Giants officially ruled out LB Jonathan Casillas, LB B.J. Goodson, RT Justin Pugh, DE Olivier Vernon, C Weston Richburg, and DE Kerry Wynn for Sunday’s game.
- The Panthers officially ruled out C Ryan Kalil and OT John Theus for Week 9’s game and listed OL Trai Turner and RB Fozzy Whittaker as questionable.
- The Redskins announced Friday that they’ve ruled out DL Matt Ioannidis (hand), G Shawn Lauvao (stinger), TE Niles Paul (concussion) and TE Jordan Reed (hamstring) for Sunday’s game.
- Washington also lists LT Trent Williams, C Spencer Long and OT Ty Nsekhe as doubtful for Week 9 and RB RB Rob Kelley and WR Jamison Crowder as questionable.