- Todd Archer of ESPN reports Cowboys DL David Irving was a no-show on Friday as players reported for physicals and went through a conditioning test.
- Irving is now subject to a fine of $40,000 for not reporting to the team on time.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Irving will rejoin the team in Oxnard for training camp.
- The NFL previously handed down a four-game suspension to Irving for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drugs policy. (NFLTR)
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN believes Giants TE Will Tye could be made available for trade before the start of the season.
- Raanan says that New York no longer needs his pass catching skills now that they invested a first-round pick in Evan Engram.
- Instead, Raanan projects Engram, Rhett Ellison, Matt LaCosse, and Jerell Adams to make the Giants’ 53-man roster this year.
Browns WRs coach Al Saunders mentioned that he would be “shocked” if Terrelle Pryor doesn’t make the Pro Bowl for the Redskins this year.
“I will be shocked if he isn’t in the Pro Bowl,” said Saunders, via ESPN’s Pat McManamon. “He’s going to have that kind of year.”
Saunders had nothing positive things to say about working with Pryor and the kind of player he can be.
“Working with Terrelle Pryor was a delight. He was a special guy,” Saunders said. “When you look at it, one year, never playing receiver in his life and going for over 1,000 yards, 70-some catches — what he did was unprecedented. In one year. And I’ve worked with Antwaan Randle El and other guys that have made the transition from quarterback to wide receiver, but I think history will say that what Terrelle has done is phenomenal.“